Monday, August 27, 2007

I love going to the spa, but...

I hate to malign Bliss Spa since everyone knows I love it there (and also my boss' mother works there) but I went to the new 57th street location and I was underwhelmed. The treatments are the same everywhere and they have their branding down which is nice because there are no surprises (except that I ate about 10 of the bite sized brownies...the surprise is I only was supposed to have 2 (one because they're delish and the second because you can't just have one, plus they're TINY)). However, the manicure, while nice, wasn't great and it should be. The mani/pedi space is small, not tight, but it's freaking Bliss Spa, they can have a really nice space!

Really this isn't an anti-Bliss post, but I wanted to tell everyone about a little secret nail place where I have so far had 2 of the best manicures ever. They latest FOREVER and I type all day and wash my hands and I was even moving furniture. City Nails on 39th street between 5th and 6th Aves, closer to 6th. I know, ick 'hood, but leave work, get your nails done, then go to Bryant Park, Pera, Salute or Aisa de Cuba for dinner! It's one of the dive-y places, but clean and normal.

I'm LOVING Mimosas for Mr. & Mrs.

No comments:

Daily Candy - YUMMY!!