Thursday, November 1, 2007

LOTS LOTS LOTS to do today!

I was gonna start with something else, but I must put in the world that I am anti the shirt-under-sweater combo when you buy them already sewn together. There are VERY FEW cute versions of this and I 100% "get it" since I hate button downs ESP under anything, but on a base level it bothers me. Don't ask me why, it's just trying too hard. As you may have noticed, and I try not to be too too opinionated online, but I make rules for myself and there is not always a good reason, or any reason for them. Like, I just will not ever wear stupid holiday colors on that holiday. It strikes me as too middle-America-scrapbook club-Mary Jane Smith-PTA-Oh Golly-makes sugar cookies from scratch and also has a cookie cutter collection-married to someone in the NRA type of thing. Right? Maybe it's bc my parents are from NY and only wear black, brown and grey (unless their skiing and it's 1987)...I just never saw that stuff.

More abt trying too hard...Like, when I cldn't figure out how all the cool girls folded their jeans to make them what we now call "skinny" in the 80's I just didn't do it. Then it was called "peg leg" or something like that. I'd much rather not do it than do it wrong! Of course I later figured it out as the trend was ending (of course): pull the jeans out in front of your ankle, fold over, roll up from bottom to keep the fold tight, cover with at least 1 pair of scrunch socks (preferably from Britches in Montgomery Mall [don't get me started on all the changes in my mall in MD...oy!]. That happened also with the Roger Rabbit dance that everyone did at Bar/Bat Mitzvahs (except I HOPE not the one I'm going to this weekend! ...but...). Well I learned that, the week everyone stopped doing it! So, if the "kids" (and I think you're a kid until you have, unless you're 16 and have one, then you have other issues) at the party this weekend do it, I'm 100% on the dance floor! I'll embarrass myself and my husband, who cares!

Moving on, sort of. I also do not wear red/pink/purple on Valentines Day, orange/black on Halloween, blue on Hanukkah, red/green on Xmas(altho I wldn't anyways), or any other thematic clothing. I wldn't be caught dead in a micky mouse sweatshirt in Disney world...not even for my children. Again, I'm not sure where this non-conformist behavior comes from...my ex-hippy parents? my plain-vanilla-charmed upbringing? my lack of really horrible fashion options (JUST THOUGHT OF NEXT YEARS HALLOWEEN COSTUME!) Sorry, brain is sometimes way ahead of itself...if that makes any sense.

Ok, I'm not making any sense and I didn't mean to ramble, but I was thinking abt clothes, and what to wear tomorrow and costumes, etc...moving on to the next post...

No comments:

Daily Candy - YUMMY!!