Wednesday, November 28, 2007

NYMagazine is brilliant once again!

And not only because they managed to work in not one but TWO references to Pretty in Pink (one of my top 3 favorite movies) but they also got to mention Mean Girls one of the other great movies of our time. This is a Gossip Girl helper. I don't watch it, but did learn at Thanksgiving that one of the girl characters goes to my high school. As in, GOES, not went, but is a student there, when she's not being tutored on set. I may also take this time to mention that Daren Star of 90210 fame also went to my high school AND was Bar Mitzvah'd in my shul (at least that's the rumor). So I suppose that means people from Potomac are brilliant, sophisticated and know how to "act" like they are jappy, over indulged, well educated, teenagers. What? you didn't get a corvette like Steve Sanders? Hmmm, ironically, a close friend and co-WCHS alum now works on the hit MTV show, My Super Sweet 16. Coincidence? My super-sweet-16 was at The Melting Pot. It ROCKED! I still have my t-shirt and have been known to throw a kick-a** fondue party in my new "grown-up" apt.

I know I'm dating myself w/the 90' references (for those of you unsure that 90'210, not 90's like the decade) and Pretty in Pink and not watching Gossip Girl, but whatevs. I'm a blogger right? That's modern...

Check this out. I LOVE LOVE LOVE Blane and Steff. Did anyone know McDonnagh was Blane's last name? He didn't strike me as Irish, or Scottish or whatever-ish. WASP for sure, but...

UPDATE: My work friend, who was upset at the lack of a shout-out, actually hung-out w/the cast over Thanksgiving. Apparently her cousin is friends w/them. Neat-o!

No comments:

Daily Candy - YUMMY!!