Saturday, November 24, 2007

The Ultimate Gift Guide

UPDATED: OK, in the past 30 minutes, I've emailed myself and drafted abt 5 new posts based only on this gift roundup. LOVE LOVE LOVE IT! The In Style people are brilliant!

I know there are lists and lists of lists but this one has been a repeated favorite. Family and friends may recognize a few things early next month....maybe.

I stopped getting In Style magazine because they were IDIOTS and I HATED them, but the content is more important to me than their moronitude. Why should I punish myself because they don't know anything about magazine subscriptions? I know, that's what I thought. So, YIPEE, I'm going to get it again and it's a Hannukah gift! So, since I might not get the Dec issue I had to look for the gift list online.

Really all my favorite magazines are online too, but I so much enjoy ripping out the pages I want to read (right now in my bedroom I have a carry-on/tote filled with what some untrained eyes might thing is garbage (or in this green age....recyclable compost or whatever)....really tho, why carry around 2 old-er issues of vogue when I'm not reading the pages w/the pictures and ads, they weigh a ton).

Anyway, here's the ultimate (according to ME) gift guide. There are others but none that in their entirety demand post-it flags and scribbled notes. Some people might not see gifts from this list for a few years...I hide them(the gifts, not the people)

PS. Someone once asked me which magazines I subscribe to here's that list (lists lists lists, I love lists). Highlights remains a favorite although I haven't seen it since I went to the pediatrician (and looking back it was probably covered in snot and germs, ICK)
Vogue
In Style(again)
New York Magazine
Elle (second part of In Style Hannukah gift!)
Domino
Lucky
Real Simple
Blue Print
Self
Shape (this one is just to read about the food...I skip the exercise parts)
and other's too...those ones are like the 7th dwarf (which has been happening a lot lately)

When do I have time to read them all between Friday Night Lights and ER and Greys and Californication and Private Practice (I admit it) and the end and beginnings of all the shows that come before and after those (DVR is great!)? It takes a while, but it gives me plenty to write about. Look forward to lots more info from Elle and In Style, edited of course of content and boringness.

No comments:

Daily Candy - YUMMY!!