Wednesday, March 12, 2008

"Dreaded" really!?

This is from NYMagazine:

Pink Lady BY KENDALL HERBST In a grown-up season, even youthful Marc by Marc has shaped up, as evidenced by this beautiful, sharp blouse. Though there's an Empire waist (a red flag—it might create that dreaded pregnant look), the short-sleeved cotton shirt maintains a preppy, polished feel. The column of buttons and sharp collar give you a fitting, slim fit. The bright fuchsia color will brighten up a vacation tan while the looser midsection hides any leftover winter weight. (emphasis added)

Fine, I KNOW that before I was preggo I didn't EVER want to look like I was, but now that I'm some sort of protected class, this is offensive. Pregnant women can be preppy and polished! Plus, everyone should embrace a looser midsection! I'm pregnant and have leftover winter weight! I do get it tho....Plus, i never end up lovig any Marc clothes anyway.

In fact a friend last night (at a FAB expectant-mommy event) told me she hit the big 1*0 lbs mark(edited to protect the innocent). Cute adorable, friend, had no idea THAT IS WHAT I WEIGHED WHEN I GOT PREGNANT. Yeah, she's due in June, you do the math. We're not friends anymore and any fun memories we had have been erased. But then we both won things (her a bottle dryer (that I since added to my registry and me a baby carrier) so we're back to friends.

Such is life...

ps abt registry, NOT for public viewing yet since we really don't know what we're doing yet and I have 2 totally different high chairs and like a billion sheets sets since I can't decide esp since we don't know yet what we're having....Just didn't want everyone jumping on the gift buying train quite yet....I know I know, not everyone wants to buy me things, but the stuff is SO freaking cute!!!

The event last night was with Big City Moms. It was great and people won fabulous prizes and I took tons of notes so all of you non-preggo girls can have folders (yes they're already tabbed) of info! They have great events. I went to another one a few weeks ago through Baby Bites that was very similar. The topics change each month...

No comments:

Daily Candy - YUMMY!!