Tuesday, August 19, 2008

I know, it's been AGES!

Speaking of ages....
I was in a cab on my way to work today and I saw some touristy "I heart NY" sweatshirts. Normal, right? They had neon splatter paint all over them. The little girls (or boys, but probably girls) that are going to wear them won't even know they're SO '80s. At least 1.5 years ago I saw my bat mitzvah earrings, not the ones I changed into to match my dress, but the ones I actually wore to services, at H&M. THE SAME ONES! I loved the '80s and all that went with it (I was little so I mean the music and movies and clothes, not the other stuff I don't know about...) so it's funny to me now that so many things are "back."
Yes, white scrunch socks are packed in my baby bag ready to go to Mt. Sinai at a moment's notice. They're still comfy and warm, so sue me!
I've seen so many tons of things online that I've wanted to blog about but I've had a one track mind...so much so that I forgot a friend's birthday, ordered another one a bday gift and then forgot it never arrived, have NO idea what to get for A's bday on Monday (love you!), and all because I'm waiting for what will be the most important birthday in my life...Will it be in August or September? Summer or Fall? Camp or School? Peridot or Sapphire?
More about ages. It occurred to me when my mother gave me a picture of her preggo with me and my dad (wrong punctuation or syntax there, the pix is of my parents and my mother is pregnant with me in 1977) that my little girl (I do make sure the ultrasound tech checks every time!) will think A and I are old. She won't remember things about our lives before her that are obvious to us. The '80s will be history for her, like the class on the '60s I took in college. It's literally incomprehensible, the entire thing!
I got my 1st pair of jeans (that I remember) in 6th grade when my BFF (and future rabbi at my wedding) and I were gifts to each other at Halloween. I think we were going to wear black leggings (we were SO way ahead we had no idea!) but changed to jeans the day of. Now they make all kinds of kids jeans. I was actually looking for infant Halloween costumes (since I'll have an infant and will need her to get me candy for my post-preggo diet, if anyone needs to get me a gift, you can't register for WW but I would if I could) and came across these jeans:










Honestly, how long are a baby's legs that different styles make any difference, plus, they can't even walk so no one will even see the flare at the bottom! From top to bottom: Relaxed, bootcut and flared from Old Navy where they have some really cute stuff. But since she cld be tiny or huge we're trying to wait to buy clothes...or any more clothes.
Must get back to waiting to go into labor. I'm counting the days and hours and minutes and seconds!!!!!

No comments:

Daily Candy - YUMMY!!