Friday, October 19, 2007

All summer it was iced dopio in a grande cup, please.

Of course, they'd repeat it back in pig latin... (type of cup/size/flavors/milk/espresso shots/etc TRUST ME...or don't, they don't care, they'll say it however they want anyway)

Now that it's... still summer...in NYC, I'm actually in my office in a tank top (another perk of being a non-practicing atty)...and just being generally sweaty and humid right now. I'm humid. The metal on my tank top is gonna rust I'm so humid. Yeah, I have some embellishment on my tank top.

Moving on...maybe it's the hot coffee that brought my temperature up. Maybe it's the delish toasted marshmallow fake flavored syrup I had the barista at the starbucks/barnes & noble cafe put in. I cld've had it in a mocha...maybe when it's warm enough to wear a new sweater w/o wanting to faint...but I'll save that treat for a special occasion. Hmm, maybe I'll bring it home and dip graham crackers in it. Since I had a s'more(s?) at A's cousin's pre-halloween scary movie party (brilliant in-home surprise treat!) I've been craving them. Really since birth, but I'll give A's family credit on this one.

If I weren't so freaking humid I'd go to City Bakery at lunch today (no it's no where near my office) and get some homemade marshmallows and have a fun night. Instead I'll bake another apple pie for more of A's cousins. He's very popular w/his family! Plus, I just like making pie. Really I love being related (under the laws of MD, DC and NY...and maybe other places) to people from Staten Island. One never knows where your life will lead. Maybe I'll swear sarongs and drink mai tais...all this Island talk makes me want to be on the beach with a breeze...or maybe it's the hot coffee....

Who's ready for fall/winter? Check Yes___ or No___, now fold the note up like an arrow and pass it to me.

No comments:

Daily Candy - YUMMY!!