Friday, October 19, 2007

Such a pedestrian argument...

Anyone that's ever live in THE CITY knows that tourists are the anti-pedestrian. GET OUT OF MY WAY, MUST YOU WALK 4 ACROSS? I don't care if you're on your way to the American Girl Store, MOVE IT, I'm on my way to lunch and I have a job to get back to. Plus, you're annoying bc I'm sure your McMansion costs 1/2 of what my 1 bedroom costs so MOVE IT w/your soccer mom hair and stupid capri pants.

But, when one of our own, one of our fellow city dwellers gets caught doing what is SO ANNOYING, it may be wrong morally, but legally? The highest court in NY State will decide.

Do cops and lawyers really really have nothing better to do?

Read this and tell me what you think.

My favorite quote from the NYTimes article:
“All I could think of was a bunch of lawyers from the New York City Bar Association standing around trying to figure out where to have lunch,” Judge Pigott said. (The association has offices a block and a half from Times Square.)


Full disclosure: I'm a member of the NYCBA.

No comments:

Daily Candy - YUMMY!!