Wednesday, October 17, 2007

Been there, done that...

...still COOL!

A friend at work was telling me about another secret bar she's been to. Yeah, she's 24 and I'm 30, but I've been to one too! So there. ps.I'll find out where she went, she said it was a speakeasy and they served the drinks in tea cups to disguise the alcohol. I love tea parties and going out so that's the perfect combo for me.

Just read this review(?) and I think I blogged abt it before, but since I've already been here I feel like I can break the secret ...PDT = Please Don't Tell....ooops. I'm one that always follows directions, but not this time:

PDT
113 St. Marks Place
212 614 0386
Another not so secret speakeasy? Yah, it's definitely not so secret when even Esquire's married with kids drinks columnist knows about it. But we love him (and no one knows a good drink like him) so we were happy to see him there alongside us. It does come with all the rules: no standing, make a reservation and what not. They say it's casual and if there's space no problem but that's not true. A respect for a time when men wore hats (porkpies and fedoras of course), drank orange bitters and listened to Old Blue Eyes is what they're going for. Smacked up with a whole lot of new age attitude courtesy of fake vintage t shirts and tunes from the New Romantics (aka wannabe New Wave.) So a tad wannabe all around but still one of the best of the New Age speakeasy and a breath of fresh air (or no air considering the room) from the mega clubs of the past. p.s. it's through the phone booth inside the hot dogs place.

UPDATE: My work friend remembered where she went: The Back Room. she'll find out where it was. It was so secret she forgot!

No comments:

Daily Candy - YUMMY!!