Tuesday, January 15, 2008

Info from my rolodex....

I'm not promising much since I haven't taken cards from anywhere in a while...hence many cards from places that are gone, but here's some random NYC stuff I found:

Divine Bar - we used to go all the time, are we too old or is it gone or are we over it? There was one of the east side and then they opened a "new" on in the theater district I think. I know they had fun wine tastings even tho I never went...I always thought they'd be fun. Didn't we have a sorority reunion there 1000 years ago? www.divinebar.citysearch.com and www.vino-versity.com

Advance Movie Tickets for the Lincoln Plaza Cinema. They play mostly artsy movies that I like. I've never tried this service but give it a try: www.lincolnplazacinema.com or call 212-757-2280. Theater is located on Broadway btwn 62/63d streets.

Fill-r-Up - a gift basket boutique. www.fill-r-up.com or 1-866-fillrup.

Lady M - prettiest most delish bakery ever! 41 East 78th street, close to Madison. You could die for their crepe cake! I had it at my bridal shower and any occasion I can now. www.ladymconfections.com

Michel Cluizel - chocolate store in ABC Carpet. Delish and a little chocolate oasis right near Union Square (unlike Chocolate by the Bald Man which is also great but hardly an oasis!). www.chocolatmichelcluizel.com

Gusto on Greeenwhich. www.gustonyc.com

Yonah Schimmel - gotta get a good knish! Of course they're on the LES. E. Houston btwn 1st and 2nd Aves. GO NOW! www.yonahschimmel.com and www.knishery.com

OK, here's a list of stores I've liked enough to take a card. I'm not grading them, just check them out in person or online if you want...
Only Hearts - comfy lingerie and camis
Shakespear's Sister - books and cards
Neighborhoodies - LOVE this
La Brea - stuff store including cards and gifty things
Olive & Bette's - cute clothes
Chuckies - drool worthy shoes
The Shoe Box - duh
Scoop - clothes
Anik - UES clothes
Pookie & Sebastian - poorly made but occasionally cute going out stuff
Delfino - bags
Tiny Living- "furnishings for small spaces" They're not kidding. I went to the store. Awesome!

OK, that's it for now. Hmm, I wonder if A will bring me flowers for becoming famous today....He has class so he's maybe concentrating on other things, but maybe....

No comments:

Daily Candy - YUMMY!!